|
Friday, June 22, 2007 @ 6:54 AM
pleased to know that you're alive.
In about 12 hours' time or so, the guys would be doing their regular routine before every performance. Sound check, tuning of guitars/drums, smoke at least 5 sticks of cigarettes to get high and inspired (-.-" dapat ilham, as so faisal says. bullshit.), re-memorising chords/lyrics, swear at each other if they forget (which most of the times are fake. they just wanna swear at each other.), telling me that I should stop trying to stimulate them (wtfffffffffffff)....and all the other nonsense that they always do. Sigh.
Sometimes, just sometimes, I wish that my parents are slightly more open-minded than they actually are right now. But then again if I were to change how they already are, I wouldn't be the same person who I am today. Yes, I'm thankful for that. But (as usual, there's always a but), at times like these, I just wish that they'd cut some slack for sooooome exceptional cases. Some exceptional cases like allowing me to perform when given the opportunity, even if the performance is at the so-called no-no place like a pub. As how open-minded my parents are, they are still pretty much conventional. There are a bunch of stuffs that are totally out of bounds (meaning those certain topics cannot be broached at all) and that there's certainly no room for futher discussion. It's frustrating sometimes but, ohwell, I have to respect their choices, haven't I? Stuffs like these would be asking for permission to perform at a gig...at a pub. Even asking to perform at a gig is already difficult, what more when I mention about the venue? Yeah, yeah, I could simply lie through my teeth as to where I'd be performing and all but what bullshit can I feed them about the timing? Pubs only get alive after 10, and obviously the performance would start like, at say, 11? Even those metal gigs start as early as 3 in the afternoon. Sigh, and what's made more difficult for me to ask is that common tests is in less than three days. Haha, I'd be courting my own death in this kind of situation. Ohwellllll. Let's just get back to Chemistry, shall we? Ionic equilibria is simply amplifying the fact that I am, indeed, stupid. Sigh and pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can I have the Mohammad Kailani from Dunman Secondary School and not from Nanyang Poly? Labels: word diarrhoea |