|
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 @ 8:22 PM
the innocence can last :)
I took a walk around the canteen during recess today and it was nice to know that kids still find joy in playing catching, screaming around in random circles while running, and sucking up to teachers to get that extra special attention. So I guess kids nowadays are not that different from us back then, despite the trying-to-be-a-smart-ass replies I get from them every now and then. All schools have this tendency to make us feel like as though we're in a world of our own - away from all the hustling and bustling of the outside world, and it gives us this weird feeling that we're somehow being shielded from everything else that's beyond the perimeter of the school.
The dread of going to face my little monsters everyday is beginning to wear off although I doubt that my sore throat is ever gonna be cured :) I almost teared when the boys from one of my classes sang me the Maafkan Kami song (oh you know, from that P.Ramlee movie) loudly in the middle of the canteen just to make sure that I can hear them loud and clear to prove their sincerity in apologizing to me. Touching la, can? :) I'm just weirded out by one thing though. I wonder what is it about me that makes the kids think that I'm actually married. Or PREGNANT. Okay la, maybe it's the baby doll tops that I've been wearing but still!! "Cikgu! Semalam orang yang amek cikgu lepas skolah tu husband cikgu eh?" "Cikgu! Husband cikgu handsome eh!" "Cikgu dah kahwin brape lama? Cikgu ada anak?" "Gooooood afternoooooooon Madam Aishaaaaaaah..." "Huh what? I'm still a Miss!" *blank expression* "Gooooood afternoooooooon Miss Aishaaaaaah..." Ya'rabbi.......... Labels: teacher rambles |