|
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 @ 3:16 AM
try to remember, to forget
I remembered how geli you are towards frogs, how you would squirm in discomfort when I start talking about them. But even though how you are against them big bad froggies, I remembered how you "protectively" walked on the side of the pavement where the croakings were coming from that very first night at the beach when we met.
I remembered how you'd perspire so much just by eating a spicy dish, and you'd stop me from wiping your sweat away, saying that it'd just get worse (when the dish isn't really that spicy at all). I remembered that you brought an umbrella on a hot day, knowing that I can't stand the sun, when you came and picked me up for our date. I remembered how excited you were when you brought me along with you to custom-made your pants for your cousin's wedding. I remembered how you weren't able to finish your pasta because it was too muak and that you were so apologetic about it c0s I was paying for dinner that time. I remembered how you'd call me every night just to say good night even when there were customers waiting in line for their late-night coffee. I remembered how you'd wake up from your little nap and instantaneously reach out for your face to wipe away any air liur basi. I remembered that you'd always flaunt your boxers when wearing those jeans with tears at the back, and that you'd insist that they're unique jeans with tears at the back like that. I remembered that you'd always try to prove to me that you look like some Japanese tourist with your oversized shades and straw hat. I remembered you holding out your hand to ask me for a dance at a friend's wedding. I remembered you going gaga over seeing nice hats, but sworn yourself not to buy anymore c0s you still have one at home that was still not used. I remembered you turning up in a floral shirt and did a dangdut dance, knowing that I'll call you Mat Dangdut every time you wear anything flowery. I remembered how you'd nicknamed me after Jamie upon your return from your holiday at KL because you watched A Walk To Remember with your friends, and that you told me you missed me. You'd always tell me you missed me. And I would always be the one who couldn't say the same thing to you too, even though I did. You are one person whom I'll always remember by, with all the small details included. Even though you're here only for a short while, you are a memory that is truly worthwhile. Suffian Suhaimi, it was, indeed, a pleasure meeting you. I obviously do not have the slightest bit of guts and courage to send this to him. Nope, not the slightest bit of...courage. Or whatever you call it. Labels: Yan |