|
Saturday, May 30, 2009 @ 11:31 PM
it's a wild world.
Meet the parents session on Thursday was really overwhelming. I swear to God being a teacher is seriously no joke. The pressure of having to perform up to expectation because the children's parents really look up to you is...intense. I was physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted, I've never felt like that before. Don't get me wrong, the parents I met were very warm and friendly. They even took my criticism in graciously without denying vehemently when I point out what angels their children were in class. But it's just those parents who are facing domestic problems and had no one to share it with are the ones that really got to me. It really opened up my eyes on how our society is today. And it's not at all pretty. Behind those ngada-ngada facade that they tend to showcase in public is actually a ploy to get people into believing all is fine when it's actually not. I donno what is it about me that can make these people come to me and pour their heartwrenching stories out. It affected me so much up to the point where I teared, albeit me being as a professional in that situation. How, how on earth do I even get around to dealing with such matters? My heart really goes out to my kids, having to deal with the harshness and ridiculosity of life as such a tender age. As a kid, I chose to make my childhood miserable. But for my kids, they're not given any choice as to whether or not to live their childhood in misery.
I really hope, despite all these adversity that they are facing right now, they would eventually emerge as strong individuals when they grow up because they have seen and heard so much...too much. Oh Allah, please protect these children from any more hurt and harm. Labels: teacher rambles |