|
Friday, June 26, 2009 @ 12:05 AM
chao nyonya
There was a meeting this morning (at such an ungodly hour, no less) which required us to be in groups and do some form of discussion. So, yeah, being sleepy and all, almost everybody in the group was reluctant so me being me, can't stand the awkward silence and started the discussion. It was no biggie until one of them voiced out,
"Wah Aishah! Your english velli good hor! I velli surplised leh!" -_- Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat is that suppose to mean you chao nyonya? Just because I'm a mother tongue teacher does that automatically mean that my english has to be just as horrible as yours? And believe me, this is not the first time that this happened, that's why I'm so pissed off at that remark. Dah lah aku tengah ngantok, buat aku mengamok lagi ader. Nasib aku tak lempar itu kerusi kat muka dia. Wah piang kaninabehchaocheebye. Hahahahahahahaha okay, that vulgar actually cracked me up. Ahem. Anyway. Just for the record, not to brag or anything, but I'm sure most of you know that my verbal english is waaaaaaaay better than my verbal malay. Like I always point out, just because my written malay is good, doesn't necessarily mean that I have the oral skills to boot as well. Gargh and this fact is slowly but surely frustrating me out c0s I can't simply survive on written malay alone for work :( But ahwell, shall not brood over that. That chao nyonya actually caused me to have migraine for the rest of the meeting. Okay la, bedek. Actually it's the overdosage of sweets (a desperate attempt to keep awakeeee) that caused the migraine but ahwell, blame that chao nyonya la, made me feel better =D Labels: teacher rambles |