|
Monday, July 13, 2009 @ 9:55 PM
twofacedcows
You know when you were a primary school kid, you'd tend to think that your teachers are such good people. Good - in the sense that it won't ever cross your mind that they could portray any sense of negativity like lying and such. Yeah, they'd scold and all, but at the end of the day, they're the ones whom you'd look up to because they're the source of, I donno, answers? And sometimes, enjoyment in learning something new.
But having this experience for already a year, it made me realise that being in the staff room has turned to be somewhat a menacing place to be in. The politics they played...I was appalled. And I thought that being a teacher, you'd at least have that code of conduct to carry yourself around in school. Some do, but that handful of others, I really got the shock of my life. There you are preaching to your students to not lie, to have integrity, to have this, have that, not do this, not do that, but there you are, behind closed doors of the staff room, unleashing that very ugly side, blatantly and significantly lying through your teeth in front of your students and obviously not practising what you preach. Yes, it can be taxing at times but I really don't see the need to go around spreading unnecessary untruths and exaggerating every bloody insignificant complaint. It can be taxing but it doesn't kill, does it? If it kills, oh my god, please do tell me in advance before I plunge into an untimely death. Labels: teacher rambles |