|
Saturday, August 18, 2007 @ 2:47 AM
what used to be.
My parents are the type who would want their kids to be independent, my dad especially. And I noticed that he gave me slightly more freedom than my two elder siblings when they were of my age (when sis was in sec 2 and asked him whether she could work, he went berserk. i got my first job when i was in sec 2. hahaha). So yes, I've been earning my own money to satisfy my materialistic needs (not that i have a lot but i'm still a girl, you know) ever since then. I never got comfortable in asking from them extra pocket money to buy "unnecessary" things anymore and that if I reaaallly really do want something badly, they'll pay for me first and then I'll have to pay them back - somehow. Heh.
Ohwell. But sometimes I can't help but to feel slightly jealous at my friends who still have their parents to splurge on them and stuff like that. You know, go on shopping trips together with the family, giving extra pocket money when they're going out with their friends, handphone bills being taken care of... Haha, I miss that kind of privilege. But ohwell, it would be considered a miracle if the family gets to sit down as a whole at a table having a decent meal nowadays, what more going on shopping trips together? Honestly, I can't remember the last time we even had a meal together. Sigh, I miss the kind of real family that we used to be. But on the brighter side, at least I still do have a family to call my own :) And mama turned half a century old today. Haha, I made her sound ancient. I know I never really say this much around here but I love her despite all those times when she got onto my nerves so much, up to the point where I've been secretly devicing a plan to get away from her as much as possible. I've been a little off the hook lately, so all sorts of crazy thoughts have been dominating my mind. So now you have more reasons to keep away from me, heh. Okay, digressing - yes, I love her. And I really miss the mother she was without this insane job of hers which keeps her away from me. Happy 50th Birthday, Mama. I love you. I've been feeling nauseous all over the place recently. They say that it's stress symptoms. Good, then this nausea should be here a long time ago already. Wait, does this nausea feeling comes together with high fever, croaky voice and blocked nose too? Labels: familia |