|
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 @ 1:57 AM
dah makan?
Imagine this scenario:
You just got to know this guy/girl and you happen to have such a sudden keen interest in that person. So you try striking up a conversation with them, you know, getting-to-know type of conversations to find out their interests/pet peeve/ambitions, whathaveyous. But after knowing the basic information, ie: NAME, the conversation starts to...dwindle. Guy: So...what are you up to? Girl: Oh nothing much. Just up and about. Guy: Ah...I see. -silence- Guy: Dah makan? (eaten already?) Girl: Dah...(yeah) Guy: Makan apa? (what did you eat?) Girl: Mee siam. Guy: Ohh...sedap? (is it nice?) Girl: Boleh la tahan...(yeah, it was okay) -silence- Guy: You makan ngan siapa? (who did you eat with?) -_-" I swear, this type of conversations memang mintak kene sepak, terajang, tumbok dan lain-lain lagi yang sewaktu dengannya. I mean, come on la! What is "Dah makan?"???? I personally feel that that question is only reserved for your parents to ask when you come back home from work, or your friends who you know for donkey years already when you guys meet up for something else other than dinner. Like seriously. And it's really, really, really irksome when this question is asked during the get-to-know conversation. Uhhuh, of all the things that you want to know about that particular person is to find out whether they've eaten or not? Yaaaaaaaaaah. Of course. So if a dude (an unfortunate one i might add) wants to "get to know" me, and in one of the first few Actually, I donno what's the motive of this entry anyway. I just felt like blogging this out because, really, I find that dah-makan question really, really, really disturbing. LOL LOL LOL =D Just something on a random note, I stopped talking to four bo-to-the-ring guys just because they asked that question after knowing my job, where I stayed, and how many siblings I have. I'd rather save my phone bill on people with much more interesting conversations (ie: conversations that make you think), thank you. Labels: random shit |