|
Thursday, December 11, 2008 @ 11:59 PM
looking back
In less than a week's time, I'd be nineteen.
Nineteen is an awkward age because, you're neither here nor there. There isn't really much of a significance in turning nineteen. But anyway, I'm gonna list down the things that I have done as an eighteen-year-old thus far. Okay, maybe it's pretty much listing the things I did this year ah. 1. Enrolled for bike license and gotten THE license. The only logical thing to do when you turn 18, right? Getting a license hurhur. Attaining the car license is still in progress. Hopefully by April next year, I can be cruising in both the bike and car =D 2. Went for a makeover photoshoot session with me girlies and ended up looking like a bapok siam. Heh, it's not everyday that I get transformed into my phobia, you know? 3. Actually earned some good moolahs by performing at Balaclava, performed once at Acid Bar, did a few gigs at places I can't really recall, and also performed at wedding functions (: This, by far, has got to be the best things I could ever do as an eighteen-year-old. 4. And because of my active performing days, the parentals allowed me to stay out all night if I gotta (only when the boys seeked permission from my parents personally) and stayed out all night I did, hehe. I have a strict curfew of 11PM before this lor. Actually the curfew is still on since I don't do anymore performances but ahwell, I'm fine with the curfew (: 5. Went on a crazy dating spree by dating 10 (more or less) guys simultaneously. That is something that I'm definitely not proud of but I gotta admit, the thrill and adrenalin rush of dating 10 guys at one go is (i can't believe i'm saying this) awesome. But it gets boring and tiring after a few dates so right now, I'm just down to one. Okay, this one, actually isn't one of the 10 guys. Shall go into detail about him some other time (: 6. Became a teacher. This, has got to be one of the most surreal things that ever happened in my life. Most surreal, yet at the same time, one of the best things that ever happened to me. And it happened at quite a good time too -- when I'm 18. Ah, you know, being 18 is like a symbol of how you're actually turning into an adult, right? And nothing else can show how much you're turning into an adult other than by being a teacher to like, a few hundred kids. This is one of the thousand millions things which I'm thankful for (: 7. Went clubbing. Heh, again, nothing to be proud of but at least I don't have to stick to underaged parties or smuggle myself into clubs since I'm already e-i-g-h-t-e-e-n. But being 18 or older doesn't serve much in this area c0s it's not like as if I go clubbing every weekend. Heck, I can count the number of times I actually went clubbing on these two hands. 6 times. I don't plan on adding another finger to that. 8. Smoked. Hahaha this one, before I'm 18 also do already. But, ahem, I did it legally, that's the difference =D 9. Smuggled underaged kids to shisha and also helped underaged kids buy cigarettes ahahahaha -_- I'm so ashamed of myself. 10. Went night cycling! And I'm gonna do it again soon! Girls, night cycling? =D 11. Earned an income close to twothousandfivehundredsmackeroos in a month by working like a dog (having 3 jobs, i think that's worse than working like a dog) earlier this year. 12. Owned a PSP and then gave it away to someone I haven't met ever since. Haha, no, I'm not regretting it, really (: 13. Had my heart broken more than once. 14. The first time I actually LOST my handphone for real. Usually it'll just be me misplacing it somewhere and got it back. This time, it's POOF - gone, for good. Sigh, I still miss that phone. 15. Went across the world on my own to actually think about staying there permanently. Okay, in short, to run away from harsh reality in Singapore when my heart was still in pieces the other time. Heh, I was that retarded omgzxz. 16. Got accepted into NUS and turned it down so that I don't cause any financial burden to papa and can actually support myself by going into teaching. I've never regret rejecting that offer and I won't ever regret it (: 17. Rode on Ezal's, Yan's, Apek's, Musa's, Qhairil's bikes illegally while I was still in pursuit of getting my own license. Oh, and also I got to drive a Mercedes convertible as well as a Porsche, courtesy of the two richest friends I've ever had - Kel and Farah. 18. Donated blood. And I don't mind doing it over and over again (: Yeppp, so that pretty much sums up my life as an 18-year-old. It wasn't as bad as I thought now that I've put it this way despite how shitty this whole year had been. But hey, ultimately, the year had been a kickass one, in more ways that I could ever look at it. I'm blessed with awesome friends and the best family I could ever ask for, alhamdullilah (: Labels: happy happy happy, numberings, rambles |