|
Thursday, May 07, 2009 @ 11:20 PM
angst
You know how those Malay dramas with storylines that have cheating husbands in them? How come it's always the wives who blame and reproach themselves for their husbands going astray to another woman's arms? Their script would somewhat look something like this:
"Kenapa abang buat Pah (her name is Sharifah la katakan) macam gini? Apa salah Pah buat, bang? Abang tolonglah katakan bang. Apa salah Pah? Selama ni Pah jaga makan dan minum abang, tak cukup ke bang? Apa yang Pah buat yang tak sempurna bang? Cakap, bang, CAKAAAAAAAAAAP!" See. Reproach after reproach after reproach. So she said that she's already doing her job as a dutiful wife by taking care of her husband's needs just fine. She's loyal to the husband, tries to please him as much as she can, etc, etc. But STILL the husband can saunter around seeking pleasure from other means and ways outside. As quoted from the Wise Man (aka Kel), men would still want some side dishes to go with their main course. That resulted in me giving a huge WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK. There is your wife pleasing you in all ways possible and you can still say that you want to have other side dishes to go with the main one. I admit, it'll be more enjoyable but that can only apply to what's happening on the DINING TABLE not on the bleeding bed! I have this friend - she would dress up very nicely even when she's at home. I happen to come by her house the other day and thought I was interupting her plans in going someplace else since she's all made up. But the reason for her apparent attire was simply because her husband was home. She even whispered, "Jadi abang Fendi tak cari perempuan lain...hehe." I was speechless. They were already married for more than a decade and that fear of losing her husband to a stray cat outside still lingers. I really can't comprehend the fact why we women are just so vulnerable to our husbands' tendency to conduct adultery. From what I see in my perspective, and maybe, just maybe, narrow-visioned point of view, marriage has somewhat turned into an abyss of slavery. Slavery to pleasing the husband and nothing else. So from the moment we're married, our life goals are only limited to making that dick happy and satisfied. In that case, marriage will never be, forever more, be in my life's agenda. I have so much more that I planned out for myself and being a prisoner succeptible to a husband isn't in any of my plans at all. I'm just agitated by the fact that men these days just tend to abuse that authority they have over women. I'm aware that we're bounded by religion that, yes, Man, in fact do have all that power that was bestowed upon them such that we, women, as their wives should have that respect towards them. I can't deny that definitely. But it's just the men these days made me believe that they're just horny pricks who would use that as a cowardly reason to cover up their atrocious behaviour. And I hate the fact that women nowadays are becoming more and more vulnerable and what's more - having no respect for their own damned selves. If I were to be married and I caught my husband cheating on me, I'll tell him straight in the face to fuck off. Scrap all that teary drama shit and blame myself for his inability to keep his dick in his pants. If I know I've done all there is to do as a dutiful wife, I'll skip all that reproach and self-blaming and tell him to divorce me right there and then. I know it's haram and all to demand a divorce from the husband but even after cheating, won't that request be justifiable? Or I'll just take the easy way out and not even get myself involved in this vicious trap called Marriage - if that's what planned for me by Him. This blog entry may or may not make any sense but I just need to get this pent up frustration about this issue. It's eating my insides out bleargh. Labels: random shit, word diarrhoea |